Purple Ring - Salon
Big ole gorgeous boleos finally!
- First help them do back boleos solo at mirror/wall out of solo backward ochos.
- Lead travelling backwards ochos followed by boleo of left extension in slow motion
- Do it more times until it becomes smooth
- Have them lead backward ochos
- Have them pause when follower is fully extended towards handwards side, before weight transfer
- Show them how to interrupt the ocho and create boleo by stepping to where follower’s foot has extended to
- End with double forward ocho (“americano”)
- When soloing, make sure follower keeps Alignment
- Follower needs to extend ocho-ing leg fully before transferring
- Timing is everything for lead. Must land boleo before follower starts to transfer weight.
- When they are leading, help them keep focus on follower’s balance (=standing leg)
- On step that triggers the boleo, leader’s hips should be facing follower
- Leader will tend to tug left side backwards away from follower to create boleo. Instead, keep it “surrounding” the follower.
- Leader needs to fully step onto leg to create boleo
- End with an open-to-open sacada after the “americano”
- Follower can bend knee, at end of full extension when they feel impulse of boleo!
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC