Purple Ring - Salon
6-E The Pugliese Turn
The infinite turn
- Lead them in the Classic Hugward a couple times.
- Follow them in the Classic Hugward a couple times.
- Explain this adds 1 more grapevine cycle to the Classic Hugward.
- Have them do the follower’s footwork: F, O, B, O, F, O, B.
- Lead the turn several times. It ends with parada-pasada.
- Lead them, interleaving with other turns and ochos.
- Show them leader’s setup: crossing left foot over right then pivoting on both feet ending in right foot over left with back left foot free. They will need to practice it a bunch of times solo.
- Have them lead it slowly in practice hold several times, seeing how and when invitations are supported by footwork.
- Have them lead it in a ping-pong-ball embrace.
- Have them lead, interleaving it with other turns and ochos.
- Follower gotta focus and stay with leader…especially in back and side steps!
- Helps to think of this as a boxy horseshoe (vs a circle) where side steps takes follow to other side of leader’s body.
- Follower uses strong legs to push herself to the next step and keep energizing the turn, supporting the leader’s balance
- It helps for leader to practice that leader’s swivel-thing many times
- How many times in a row can you repeat?
- Can you find different leader’s footwork?
- Do the Pugliese turn to the left. How would you enter it?
- Enter the turn on a side step.
- Enter the turn on a backward step.
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC