Purple Ring - Salon
6-B Classic Handward
Flowy way to turn big out of ochos. Lapiz is BONUS, nonessential!
- Help them walk through follower’s part: backwards ochos into back, side, forward.
- Lead them a few times in practice hold (ending with parada of forward step).
- Lead it in ping-pong-ball embrace.
- Inteleave with other elements, like Dark Side and Paraday Play.
- Help them do the leader’s inward pivot that sets up the turn.
- They lead it a few times in slow motion, gradually increasing the speed.
- They lead with the embrace a few times.
- Now they can interleave with those other elements mentioned above.
- Helps for follower’s back-side-forward to be boxy, like a square horseshoe (vs “round”) and to use her side step to get to other side of leader’s body
- Have them lead ochos in slow motion and tell them exactly when to pivot inward for the turn (after she’s cleared the ocho)
- Leader to support follower through big back pivot, support and give it time
- As follower lands in forward step at end of turn, leader lowers - to invite a pivot.
- Try adding a lapiz during the follower’s back-side-front
- Introduce the concept of laterality (turning leader’s side to the follower to invite a turn)
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC