Green Ring - Hug & Walk
How to transition from being close to opening up, and back to close
- Show opening the embrace on a backward ocho to parada
- Show closing the embrace on a side step (leader comes to follower)
- Show another way of opening the embrace, at the cross from crossed system (leader takes shorter step)
- Practice both these ways
- Switch roles.
- When opening up on the backward ocho, the follower rolls her upper body across the embrace: point of contact moves from sternum-to-sternum, across closer to side so there is more of a v-shape
- The follower’s arms need to be mobile and allow distance to change
- Three Distances: Can you lead the difference between opening to basketball distance, baseball distance, vs ping-pong ball distance?
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC