Yellow Ring - Milonga Bam!
3-A The Box
Easy pattern with lots of variants to quickstart milonga
- Lead the box step, a six-count square pattern that starts w/leader retreating inline with right leg.
- Occasionally add 1 or 2 extra steps hugward at the end (top) of the box. This ensures weight shifts are being accurately communicated.
- Make the box step rotate clockwise
- Switch roles.
- When they lead, be sure you can feel them leading the weight shifts
- Point out that the whole box step is in parallel system
- Define basic terms: tanda, tango, milonga (the party), milonga (the music)
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC