Orange Ring - Ooh Ocho
2-E The Other System
The difference between parallel (“normal”) system and the other system.
- Explain Tango Figures are defined by what the FOLLOWER does. (The SAME figure can be done in many different ways, by the leader doing different footwork)
- Review the Cross with them leading
- Have them problem-solve and find a different way to do the same Figure
- Teach the Secret Weight Shift.
- Learn to do the Cross after a secret weight shift.
- During secret weight shift, the embrace should stay very still.
- Direct follower’s focus on what they feel, not what they see
- Leader’s footwork to the Cross is after secret shift is Left, Right.
- Explain parallel system vs crossed system nomenclature
- Quiz: How do we get from one system to the other? Answer: One person switches feet without the other.
- Explore: Which system are we in when we do Ochos? How did we get into it, how do we get out of it?
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC