Orange Ring - Ooh Ocho
2-A Forward Ocho
How to do the forward ocho.
- Demonstrate the Forward Ocho at the wall
- Have them copy you
- Explain the parts of the ocho: Extend, Step, Pivot, Extend
- Repeat Forward Ochos in practice hold
- Execute Forward Ochos from the Cross.
- Learn exiting Forward Ochos to a side step
- Be sure they PIVOT FULLY before reaching to the next step
- Highlight: The follower’s part takes longer than the leader’s part
- Highlight: The far side of the follower becomes the near side
- Explain leader’s invitation: the embrace “talks” to one side of the follower’s body to invite an ocho
- When they lead, let them problem-solve how to exit the ocho.
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC