Red Ring - Quickstart
Synchronized walking side-by-side.
- Walk side by side, arms around backs
- Play with double time, half time and pauses
- Switch the lead
Builds on natural instinctual ability to walk through a space, lead and follow, which people usually lose when they are put into a formal dance situation.
- You don’t need to start on the same leg
- The idea is to take the same size steps at the same time
- Pausing (staying on one foot) vs weight shifts (marching in place)
- Play with a few really long pauses
- Tell them about the line of dance
Watch the mission
Fixes? Questions? Feedback?
If you have suggestions for improving this mission, please submit an issue on GitHub
and include the mission number. For anything else incluing new mission ideas, sharing your experience, or your interest in learning to teach this manual, get in touch via email
← Back to the TOC